Filled with Christmasy treats and festive goodies, Vienna's Christmas markets are an age-old tradition that will get you into the Christmas spirit.
- When? TBC November - December 2017
- Where? Various locations in Vienna, including City Hall, Belvedere Palace and Maria-Theresien Platz
- Price: Free but bring change for trinkets and snacks
Discover the joy of Christmas at Vienna's Christmas markets. An age-old tradition in Vienna,there's a huge one held in front of city hall that's particularly impressive.
You're sure to get into the Christmas spirit with the sights, sounds and smells of the markets. There are plenty of stalls selling traditional goods which sell a vast array of seasonal gifts and delicious treats such as Gluhwein, Vanillekipferl and Wurst. There are also international choirs singing carols that you can see free of charge too.
If you happen to be in Vienna during the winter, visit one of the twenty markets taking place in several locations. The streets of Vienna have never looked so beautiful than at this time of year.
- Get there: Fly to Vienna, then use public transport to get around the city. There are metro stops nearby to most of the markets.
- Stay: Find accommodation near the city centre for easy travel around town.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!