Expect reproductions of the famous lunar parties across the gulf while bio luminescent plankton glitter in the velvety waters and backpackers jive along the beachfront.
- When? Monthly, but the main ones are in December and January during high season.
- Where? Koh Rong, Sihanoukville, Cambodia.
- Price: Varies but around $5
This might not be one for werewolves but we're pretty sure everyone else will have a ball. During the high season, one night a month sees an influx of tourists bound for the jungle parties of Koh Rong Samloem in the Good Vibz Camp.
This is a simplified version of the infamous Thai full moon parties and as such the resplendent beaches haven't lost their raw and untamed feel. Think of it as a throwback to Thailand 30 years ago before it became commercialised. You can expect bonfires, cheap drinks and fire shows with a few hundred backpackers.
#travioortip: Bring a torch to make sure you can weave your way through the crowd.
Party boats for $20 make the 45 minute journey from Sihanoukville throughout the day and evening. Leave your fanged friends behind but make sure you don't miss the boat. This is a party that isn't going to stay secret for long.
- Get there: Fly to Phnom Penh, you can drive to Sihanoukville in three hours. Take a party boat to Koh Rong.
- Stay: Book accommodation near the beach for an easy late-night stumble home.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!