Düsseldorf's annual Christmas Market is a favourite for locals looking to get into the festive spirit.
- When? 23rd November - 23rd December 2017
- Where? Streets throughout Düsseldorf
- Price: no entrance fee but take plenty of money for gifts, food and drinks.
Christmastime ... Düsseldorf and wine! Cringe-worthy Christmas carols may be part of the festive season but a far better way to celebrate is by heading to Düsseldorf's Christmas Market. This six week celebration is a favourite for locals looking to get into the festive spirit and is described by many as one of the most beautiful market settings in the whole of Germany.
The event sees the streets of Düsseldorf transformed by live music, food and drink stalls and themed parties. The area is open daily from 11am and closes at 8pm, which gives crowds plenty of time to explore the winter wonderland.
The German city looks its best during the festive season as areas surrounding the Königsallee (Known as Kö to locals), Germany's busiest upmarket shopping street, are elegantly decorated for the occasion. Luxury brands selling fancy fashion labels line the streets, as do stalls selling mulled wine and hot chocolate near Düsseldorf's town hall on Marktplatz. That sounds better than festive warbling any day.
- Get there: Fly into Düsseldorf and use trams or buses if you plan on heading out of the Old Town.
- Stay: Stay in the heart of the Old Town so you're in the centre of the festivities..
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!