There's fun for all ages and stages at this massive tri-annual festival.
- When? 28th July - 27th August 2017 (Spring and Winter dates are also available)
- Where? Heiligengeistfeld, Hamburg
- Price: varies between shows and rides.
Germany's Hamburger Dom funfair is the biggest public festival in the north of Germany, located in Heiligengeistfeld and running three times a year.
In summer between 28th July - 27th August you'll get the best of the weather, but it also usually runs during the spring and winter, although the summer is considered the best time to attend.
Both thrill seekers and those looking for a relaxing day out are catered for, with the fair including colourful booths, carousels, high-tech rides and a bunch of traditional German food venues, offering snacks and sit-down meals.
If you're willing to stick around until late, the Hamburger Dom fireworks show is a great reward, exploding above the funfair as acrobats, jugglers and fire-eaters work their way through the excited crowds below.
- Get there: Fly into Flughafen Hamburg then use the metro to reach the city.
- Stay: Check out accommodation close to St Pauli so you're close to the activities and events.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!