The Athens Epidaurus festival is over half a century old has hosted some of the leading lights of Greek theatre, music and dance.
- When? 22nd May - 19th August 2017
- Where? Various venues across Athens
- Price: ticket prices vary and reach a maximum of €25
The Athens Epidaurus Festival is one of Greece's premier festivals and encompasses a variety of cultural events. Taking place at several culturally significant venues the gala is home to a number of musical and theatrical performances.
Enjoy a tranquil summer's evening in the dazzling Herodes Atticus Theatre watching a classic of ancient Greek literature. The venues also host a number of performances in jazz, rock, traditional Greek music and traditional and contemporary dance. This year will feature pianist Yann Tiersen (Amélie Original Soundtrack, 2001) - see all tickets here.
- Get there: metro line three connects Athens International Airport to the city centre - every 30 minutes, seven days a week from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Stay: depends on which show/shows you are planning on. Plaka is the most common area for tourists to stay in but try Lycabetus for views across the Acropolis.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!