When a food festival comes to Italy - and in particular the city of Florence - you know you're in for a treat.
- When? 10th -12th March 2018
- Where? Stazione Leopolda, Florence
- Price: see official website for more details, as there are allocated times for the general public and professionals.
If your social media bios include the word 'foodie', you'll need more to back up your claims than a cheeky trip to Nandos and the odd home cooked meal. A true foodie attends events like the Taste Florence Food Festival, and never shies away from trying something new.
Italy is renowned as one of the world's foodie hotspots thanks to a reputation for producing some of the most iconic and tastiest dishes on the planet. And within this gastronomic paradise, Florence is arguably one of the best cities to visit if you really (and we mean really) love your food.
Which is why it's fitting that the Taste Florence Food Festival attracts thousands of people every year - all made up of locals, tourists, buyers and established media-bods. Hundreds of companies, restaurateurs and exhibitors come from across the country to showcase their delicacies as well as their innovative ideas which include anything from modern twists on traditional classics to never-seen before inventions; plus they'll be plenty of wine tasting opportunities. The fair is dedicated to excellence in taste and food lifestyles so it's no surprise that top industry icons turn out in their numbers.
There's also a Taste shop where you can purchase some of the products displayed at the festival. A true foodie would make a few purchases in there too (like you need persuading, right?).
- Get there: Take the train or tram from Santa Maria Novella station, which is only a mile from the venue.
- Stay: Find a hotel by the train station so you can reach the venue quickly but also be within walking distance to all of Florence's main attractions.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!