The Monza Formula One Grand Prix just outside Milan's city centre, is labelled 'the magic track' by the Italians, and it's easy to see why.
- When? 1st - 3rd September 2017
- Where? Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Milan
- Price: General admission starts at £45
If you're in Milan at the same time as the Monza F1 Grand Prix, leave the other half in Gucci's changing rooms and get yourself over to Italy's famous Monza circuit, seen by many as the embodiment of Formula One racing. With Lewis Hamilton and co flying around this track at over 350kph, they'll probably still be in there by the time you get back.
In racing terms, the Monza Grand Prix is one of the most anticipated events on the F1 calendar. Its long and well documented history dates back to 1950, and since then it has produced some of F1's best races as well as some of the sport's biggest accidents. The track is renowned for its speed with long open straights where as its little chicanes require concentration and skill. The Italians call the circuit 'la pista magica' which translates as 'the magic track'.
The home of Ferrari, Italy is synonymous with Formula One and the Monza Grand Prix is one of the best places in the world to enjoy the true spirit of the sport. Whether you're there for practice on the Friday, qualifying on the Saturday or race day on the Sunday, the atmosphere in the stands and around the track is electric. Both men and women travel from nearby Milan and arrive eager to watch the world class racing drivers in action before heading back to the city's bars and vibrant nightlife.
Even your other half might forget about the designer brands and join you for this one (at least until the race is over).
- Get there: Public transport from Milan is often quicker than driving, especially during F1. Trains depart from Milano Porta Garibaldi and Milano Centrale Railway Station to Monza.
- Stay: Book accommodation in Milan to make the most of your stay in the city. If you plan on attending the F1 over multiple days, consider booking accommodation in Monza itself.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!