Get into the seasonal swing of things with a trip to the Polish capital for the annual Warsaw Christmas Market. Expect traditional stalls and plenty of festive drinking.
- When? The markets were held from the 25th of November to the 23rd of December in 2016.
- Where? Plac Wilsona (Wilson Square)
- Price: free entry, prices vary for food and gift items.
If you're feeling about as festive as a plastic bag and as seasonal as a lump of coal, then you need to get yourself to Warsaw's Christmas Market. Held every year from the end of November until the day before Christmas Eve, this cheerful, magical event will fill even the grumpiest of hearts with joy.
Located in central Plac Wilsona (Wilson Square) the market sees the city come alive with sparkling garlands, glittering lights and singing choirs. Browse one of the many stalls, which sell everything from traditional gingerbread and spiced cookies to hot mulled cider and roasted meats. Shop for trinkets or homemade decorations (there's plenty of bespoke and luxury gifts too) or recoup with a mug of boozey hot chocolate in one of the square's many cafes.
Set amongst the city's historic buildings and sights, Warsaw's Christmas Market is the perfect place for a seasonal city break. Trust us, you'll be as merry as Father Christmas after four sherries in no time at all; book quickly though, this popular festive event sees the city fill up fast.
- Get there: Get around Warsaw using the Zarząd Transportu Miejskiego transport system (tram, bus and metro lines)
- Stay: Stay close to Wilson Square if you don't want to have far to walk.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!