Celebrating a wealth of reggae music, this two day event attracts big name acts from across the globe.
- When? 25th - 26th August 2017
- Where? Zlaté piesky, Bratislava
- Price: between €30 and €40 for a two-day ticket, or €120 for VIP. See official website for more details.
Dreaming of a long haul tropical holiday without the cost? How about somewhere with golden sand, waterfront bars and reggae. No, we're not talking about the Carribbean - you can find all these things at Bratislava's Uprising festival, an annual two day event and the largest reggae festival in Central Europe.
Held on the banks of Lake Zlaté Piesky (which translates as 'Golden Sands') the fest welcomes thousands of visitors every year who flock to the site to listen to big reggae names. Music fans are treated to live performances, lake-side bars and a huge range of shows across the Friday and Saturday. As the festival has grown, so has the diversity of musical genres; recent years have seen dancehall, latino, dub and ragga-jungle acts.
Located in the north east of the city, Uprising is easily reached on public transport. And even though you're in the heart of central Europe, the good vibes and smooth sounds mean you can convince yourself you're on a beach in Jamaica (minus the hefty flight cost).
- Get there: Check out the transport advice on the official website for options.
- Stay: There's accommodation close to the venue otherwise stay in the Old Town and take the tram along to the event.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!