Seville's biggest festival is an opportunity for the city's great and good to parade through the streets on posh horses and carriages.
- When? 30th April - 6th May 2017
- Where? Real de la Feria, Seville
- Price: varies depending on which casetas you attend.
Feria de Abril is Seville's biggest festival and a riot of drinking, dancing and traditional Spanish costumes – topped off with a spot of bullfighting.
The fair normally takes place 2 weeks after the Semana Santa, or Easter Holy Week. Each of the six days starts with a parade of horses and carts, carrying the city's great and good to the main bullring - La Real Maestranza - for a spot of gratuitous animal violence.
Seville's Guadalquivir River bank is transformed into a large fairground covered with marquees, which open from six in the evening until late the next morning, in which people drink Sherry and rebujito, while eating tapas and dancing flamenco. Sometimes all at the same time.
Sadly most of the canvas pavilions – known as casetas – are only open to invited guests, so make friends with a local or head towards the 'casetas municipals' which are open to all.
- Get there: From Seville city centre it takes half an hour on the train to reach the Feria de Abril site.
- Stay: Find a hotel in Los Remedios if you want to stay in the heart of the action.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!