Prepare to be entertained at Bournemouth's Arts by the Sea Festival presenting a variety of performing arts across a week-long programme.
- When? 14th - 21st October 2017
- Where? Various venues, Bournemouth
- Price: free, but some events require prior booking. Check out official website for more details.
As the year enters well into autumn, there's little hope to top up your tan on Bournemouth's beach. Yet, at least there's Bournemouth's annual Arts by the Sea Festival to look forward to. And we can guarantee this week-long entertainment extravaganza will be more fun than taking a dip in the cold south-coast waters.
For a week in October, this creative festival showcases first-class national and international talent across various arts including dance, theatre, literature, music and film. A highly entertaining programme of events will be packed into the week catering to all ages, from unique and quirky shows to family friendly performances.
The festival's aim is to act as a platform for artistic performance while also creating a greater awareness of each of the various art forms. Events take place at different venues throughout Bournemouth, many of which are free (although some require you to book tickets in advance).
Leave the flip flops at home; you won't be needing them here.
- Get there: Bournemouth train station is located in the city centre so most events will be within walking distance.
- Stay: Find a hotel by the sea so you can enjoy the nearby piers.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!