If you're car-mad, get ready to drool at Bournemouth's car display on Sundays. Held between April and September, this event features hundreds of vintage and classic models.
- When? Various dates from April - September 2017. Check website for dates.
- Where? Christchurch Quay, Highcliffe Castle or Highcliffe Recreation Ground.
- Price: Admission free for eligible vehicles on a first come, first served basis.
If you consider yourself a bit of a wheeler dealer when it comes to motors (or you just really have a thing for cars) then head to Bournemouth from April to September to spot some seriously vintage specimens.
Lining up on Bournemouth's Prom on Sundays, these classic cars - driven to the event from far and wide - are showcased to admiring visitors. The vehicles date from 1915 to the early 1980s so as you'd expect, there are plenty of different models on display. Chat with the owners, find out about the model's history or simply wander along the seafront and soak up the atmosphere of this popular tradition.
The event is free, open to all and draws a wide range of people. After, stroll along the beach or into the city centre for a spot of lunch. Easily walkable, you won't need a set of wheels for this - however much you might want some.
- Get there: Driving between venues is your best bet, though the train is also a good option for getting to Highcliffe.
- Stay: Stay in Christchurch or Highcliffe whilst the event you wish to attend is on, then visit Bournemouth separately.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!