Celebrate diversity, love and life at Brighton Pride. This annual weekender includes a music festival, parade and lots of rainbow fancy dress. Count us in.
- When? 4th - 6th August 2017
- Where? Various locations, Brighton
- Price: Tickets for Pride Festival on the 5th start at £21, the parade is free.
Follow a rainbow in Brighton and chances are you won't find a pot of gold but something even better. Brighton Pride, the UK's biggest LGBT event, attracts nearly 300,000 visitors each year who descend on this seaside city for music, partying and revelry.
As well as a street parade, visitors can also buy tickets to the Brighton Pride Festival which welcomes a host of musical favourites. The 2016 event saw Carly Rae Jepsen, Alesha Dixon and DJ Fresh play club classics to the crowd. There are also workshops, tents and of course, plenty of bar areas. The parade itself is held in the city centre and you can expect plenty of fancy dress, carnival costumes and ample merry-making.
#travioortip: 2017’s Pride Parade theme is ‘Carnival of Diversity – Summer Of Love’.
You'll need to book tickets in advance if you're planning on going to the music festival (held on the Saturday) - you can also buy a combo ticket which gets you in to the exclusive Pride Village Party. If you're saving your pennies then the parade is completely free; just make sure you ditch the pot of gold and don fancy dress instead. Let's face it - everyone looks great in rainbow hues and glitter.
- Get there: Walk south down Queens Road from Brighton Station and you'll reach the city centre in 15 minutes.
- Stay: Brighton is a walkable city, so you'll be able to get around easily from your accommodation. Find accommodation on the seafront for picturesque sea views.
Find more information and book tickets on the Brighton Pride website.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!