The Edinburgh Fringe sees thousands of performers, whether they’re big names in the world of entertainment or unknowns looking to launch their careers, take to hundreds of stages all over the city.
- When? 4th - 28th August 2017
- Where? Various venues in Edinburgh
- Price: varies between shows, visit the official website for full details.
The Edinburgh Festival (also known as 'The Fringe') is regarded as the world’s largest arts festival, spanning 25 days and featuring over 3,193 shows from 51 countries in 299 venues.
For one month in August, Edinburgh transforms into a vibrant, cultural mecca. Walk along the Royal and you can find yourself being treated to an impromptu play, music recital or performance.
Every year thousands of performers, whether they’re big names in the world of entertainment or unknowns looking to launch their careers, take to hundreds of stages all over Edinburgh. There's no selection committee at The Fringe, meaning more performers get the chance to showcase experimental works.
There's something for everyone at the Edinburgh Fringe. Whether its dance, stand-up comedy, musicals, opera or theatre, you’re sure to have a memorable time.
- Get there: Edinburgh city is easily accessed with two train stations and an airport. Use the buses or tram to get around the city.
- Stay: There's a range of accommodation available throughout the city centre - we recommend booking a hotel close to the events you plan on going to.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!