Hogmanay in Edinburgh stretches New Year to three full days of merry making.
- When? 30th December 2017 - 1st January 2018
- Where? City Centre, Edinburgh
- Price: Find more information on the Visit Scotland website.
While most other cities usher in the New Year with only a day's worth of celebrations, Edinburgh’s world famous Hogmanay lasts three days. That's three whole days of drinking, dancing and celebrating with people coming from all over the globe.
Edinburgh's Hogmanay kicks-off on 30 December with the spectacular Torchlight Procession. The action then moves to the very heart of the city on Princes Street where around 80,000 people party their way into the new year at the Concert in the Gardens where you can enjoy live music and entertainment (with previous headline acts including band Biffy Clyro). There are also DJ’s, giant screens, outdoor bars and the show-stopping Hogmanay Midnight Fireworks on the ramparts at Edinburgh Castle.
Come to Edinburgh and see in the New Year with a bang, Scottish style!
- Get there: Edinburgh city is easily accessed with two train stations and an airport. Use the buses or tram to get around the city.
- Stay: Stay central if you don't mind battling through the crowds to get home otherwise opt for accommodation a little further out the city but expect bad traffic throughout the night.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!