History and wine sound like your kind of night? Book a table at Mount Vernon for the Fall Wine Festival and Sunset Tour.
- When? 6th - 8th October 2017
- Where? George Washington's Mount Vernon, Alexandria
- Price: Friday, October 6th: $40, Saturday October 7th: $48, Sunday October 8th: $36
If you fancy learning a little history but also fancy a tipple, then get tickets to the Fall Wine Festival and Sunset Tour hosted by Mount Vernon.
Peruse George Washington's estate with an evening tour of the iconic mansion and beautiful grounds including a trip down to the basement where he once stored his wine. You'll learn all about the first president's love of wine and how it was made.
After meeting George and Martha Washington (well, the dressed-up modern-day versions), you can sit back and relax whilst listening to live blues music and sipping on a range of wines.
If you really want to make a night of it, book a VIP table for the generous price of $1,100 which includes: admission for 12 people, private waiter service all evening, three bottles of the resident wine, desserts from the amazing Alexandria pastry shop and finally some fruit and cheese if you have any room left.
There are also a number of other vineyards participating in the event from all around Virginia so if you're a big wine fan make a road trip of it and create your very own wine trail.
This event is repeated in the Spring so whether you visit at the beginning or end of the year you are sure to have plenty of opportunity to educate and refine your pallet with the best Virginian wines.
Just don't forget to throw a few glasses of water in there as well so you last the night. No one likes a sloppy drunk.
- Get there: George Washington's Mount Vernon is 8 miles from Alexandria and 15 miles south of Washington DC. There's free parking on site or else take Metrorail's Yellow Line to Huntington Station then take the Fairfax Connector Bus #101, the Fort Hunt Line, to reach Mount Vernon.
- Stay: Find a hotel in Alexandria's Old Town neighbourhood to be close to the river and a stones throw from Washington DC.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!