Scallops, crafts and live entertainment epitomise the Cape Cod Scallop Fest, which does the rounds at the Cape Cod Fairgrounds come September.
- Why? A food court full of amazing scallop and chicken dishes
- When? 22nd - 24th of September 2017
- Where? Cape Cod fairgrounds
- Price: General Admission $7.00, children (6-12) $2.00, 5 and under enter for free. Combo admission and meal tickets are also available.
- Get there: You'll have to fly into Boston first then take a short flight, bus or hire a car to reach Cape Cod.
- Stay: Beaconlight Guest House is only a half hour drive to the event and includes a continental breakfast, an outdoor hot tub and rooftop sun terrace.
- #travioortip: Volunteer if you're in Cape Cod for a couple of weeks as volunteers receive a festival t-shirt, VIP bag of goodies, a free admission ticket and a scallop or chicken dinner for free if you work two consecutive shifts.
When was the last time you ate so much you thought you might burst? We can't answer that one for you, but we can assure you it will happen again.
Cape Cod Scallop Fest is a three day event featuring live entertainment, craft shows, car shows and a large helping of your favourite street food to top it all off. The food court is certainly the main event, offering more than just the fried scallop and chicken that the festival is famed for by catering to all tastes. Settle down with your favourite tipple in the beer and wine garden, or choose from an array of lobster rolls, hot dogs, burgers, wraps and salads to fill your stomach. You'd better come to this one hungry.
The festival started nearly 50 years ago, when local fishermen decided to set up a Scallop Festival to attract tourists to the area and create a family-oriented event for residents. Since then, the event has grown massively and has seen many different venues throughout its time, currently residing at the Cape Cod Fairgrounds in East Falmouth.
The festival runs from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. on the Sunday, so there's plenty of time to make your way around all of the food stalls and take in all of the fantastic crafts. General admission starts at $7, though you can also purchase tickets that come with meal deals to get a bit more for your money.
Arts and craft vendors attend the Professional Arts & Crafts Show, where artisans and crafters display everything from pottery and glassware to jewellery and furniture. There will also be entertainment in the form of clowns and jugglers making their way around the festival site. The car shows take place in the afternoons of the Saturday and Sunday with over 50 cars on display each day.
2016's version of the festival saw the introduction of a second stage to the musical entertainment, as well as a different genre of music hitting up each day. Performances from local favourites grace the stages as well as national stars.
Get your fill of craft and entertainment at Cape Cod Scallop Fest. Just don't forget to wear your elasticated trousers, we can guarantee you'll need them.
*We do our very best to verify the dates of our events but please check with the official event provider before booking your flights. We would hate for you to be disappointed!